PROS AND CONS: GRASS CLOTH WALL COVERING
Grass Cloth – it’s one of the most beautiful wall covering options out in the market today. Stylish and beautiful, grass cloth wall covering is a great finishing touch to a well designed space. But unlike some decorative elements, it is not easy to install so before you commit, let’s review some basics from our professional team.
- The natural look of the material
- Creates Texture
- Available in an array of shades and colors
- Brings warmth to a space
- Conveys Elegance and Luxury
- NOT MEANT FOR BATHROOMS. We do not recommend installing grass cloth in a bathrooms, due to the humidity. Grass cloth is a natural material with paper backing and humidity will cause the paper to peel, crack and bubble.
- Seams: If a customer doesn’t like seams we recommend not using grass cloth. Instead, we always suggest to use a vinyl wall covering. Brands like Phillip Jeffries have many wall coverings that look just like grass cloth so you can get the same effect but when installed, will not give you visible seam lines.
- Installation has to be done by a professional installer. Grass cloth wall covering is VERY delicate and it has to be prepped with a special adhesive and hanging technique.
Contact us for installer recommendations and for more info on all Wall Covering, Upholstery and Window Treatment services in Miami.